Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Little Bit About Me...

To me, fashion is all about showcasing who you are, and what you stand for. Fashion. Art. Music. Surround me in it. I love it all. I could spend hours at a visual arts museum, or at a mall. I read fashion magazines every night, and follow trends religiously. We wear Chanel today, but how did Coco influence fashion in her time? I am interested in vintage eras, especially in how fashion trends from the past reemerge in the modern fashion world.

My internship at Nova Vintage Clothing is all-encompassing, and has involved everything from hand sewing hems and assisting with styling photo shoots, to honing my Photoshop skills and starting this blog! Experience in the fashion world is so important. I know Nova Vintage won't be my last internship, and I will remember it as my first. I am so glad I have the chance as a high school senior to learn and experience the fashion marketing industry. I've experienced first hand the process of preparing, selling, and marketing clothes to the world!

My dream is to attend Fashion Institute of Technology for Fashion Marketing (F.I.T.) in the heart of New York City! I know I will unavoidably be in the fashion world wherever I go. I would like to run my own store one day, with my own unique styles and touches.

-Gillian
Fashion Intern
Nova Vintage Clothing


“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”

~Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment